Books, Magazines, CD & DVD
Exhibitions, Conferences, Lectures & Commemorative Events
Teachers & Students
Tracing Service Personnel
The Western Front
The Ypres Salient
Day in Ypres
Gardens of Remembrance
Who we are
Military History Publishers and Book Dealers
The following publishers and bookdealers offer a wide range of new books, out of print and second-hand
books relating to the First World War:-
- After The Battle: This publisher cannot offer online sales at present, but orders can be placed by email, fax or phone (details are given on their website). All of the titles published by After the Battle publishers are available to purchase online at Motorbooks, 33 St. Martin's Court, St. Martin's Lane, London WC2N 4AN.
- Bookblitz: Great War secondhand books at sensible prices.
- John Marrin Rare
Books: For secondhand and antiquarian books and ephemera of historical
interest, John Marrin specializes in finding rare books and interesting
items from the first World War. Especially historical, biographical
and first edition books. Other items bought and sold include various
publications - rare maps, albums, posters, paintings, prints and original
- Maggs Bros Rare Books: The Naval & Military Books and Militaria Department deals with books, manuscripts, artwork and parapernalia relating to the history of wafare.
- Mattocks Military Books: Mail-order business specialising in the sale of books on the subject of the Great War. All books are new and offered for sale at reduced prices compared to publisher's prices.
- The Naval & Military
Press offer specialist books for the serious student of conflict.
The range of titles stocked covers the whole spectrum of military
history with titles on uniforms, battles, official histories, specialist
works containing medal rolls and casualties lists, including 'Soldiers
Died in The Great War' CD-Rom, numismatic titles for medal collectors
and researchers. The innovative approach to military bookselling
and their commitment to publishing have made them Britainís leading
independent military bookseller.
- Pen &
Sword Military Publishers
- The Western Front Association: Book reviews and online Book & DVD store.
- Turner Donovan
Military Books: Turner Donovan Military Books offer the world’s
finest selection of rare and out-of-print books on British military
history from 1800 to 1945. Specializing in British Colonial campaigns
(India, Africa &c.), the First and Second World Wars (including
Rolls of Honour, Official Histories, Trench Maps &c.) and
Regimental History. A catalogue containing over 1000 items is
issued every two months. The catalogue is available in traditional
printed form or can be viewed, searched or downloaded from the
- www.abebooks.com: Abebooks
is the world's largest online marketplace for books. Search for new,
used, rare, or out-of-print books from over 13,000 independent booksellers.
- World War Pictures: Posters, Photos and Artists. A website featuring imagery in the form of posters and photos from the First and Second World Wars. Images are available to purchase online and the site also has a merchandise section for DVDs, CDs and books. Sections of the site are dedicated to War Poets and War Artists.
- Family Tree Magazine: Britain's oldest and best selling family history publication in its 21st year. The Family History Bookshop is also available on the website.
- Stand To!: The journal of the Western Front Association. Published
April, June, September and available by subscription to The
Western Front Association.
Great War (Great Northern Publishing): The little magazine dedicated
to the Great War and to those who perished and those who returned.
It is published quarterly and is available around the world via subscription
& Military Press: CD-Roms include Soldiers' Died in the
Great War 1914-1919 and The Imperial War Museum Trench Map Archive.
- World War Pictures: Posters, Photos and Artists. A website featuring imagery in the form of posters and photos from the First and Second World Wars. Images are available to purchase online and the site also has a merchandise section for CDs of World War music.
Copyright Joanna Legg & Graham
© 2003. Updated 2008. All rights reserved.