Tourist Information for French Flanders & Artois
French Flanders Tourism Online
Artois Tourism Online
Website: www.france-voyage.com Pas-de-Calais
Ville d'Arras — City of Arras
Arras Tourist Office
The Tourist Office in Arras is situated on the ground floor in the Town Hall in the beautiful square named Place des Héros. The Tourist Office welcomes visitors and can offer advice on where to go and what to see in the city and in the surrounding area.
Information and tickets can be found here for the following:
- Visit to the Belfry by lift
- Visit to the Town Hall
- Guided tour of the underground caves “Les Boves” under the city
- Slide show about Arras
- The Fine Arts Museum
- Guided tour of the Vauban Citadel fort including the Firing Squad Wall, where 218 members of the French Resistance lost their lives in the Second World War.
Open daily. Closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
From 19th September to 31st March
- Monday: 10.00 to 12.00 and 14.00 to 18.00;
- Tuesday to Saturday: 09.00 to 12.00 and 14.00 to 18.00;
- Sunday 10.00 to 12.30 and 14.30 to 18.30 hours.
From 1st April to 18th September
- Monday to Saturday: 09.00 to 18.30 hours;
- Sunday 10.00 to 13.00 and 14.30 to 18.30 hours.
Arras Tourist Information Office, Arras Town Hall, Place des Héros, 62000 Arras
Telephone: +33 (0)3 21 51 26 95
Fax: +33 (0)3 21 71 07 34
Website: www.arras.fr/tourisme Tourist Information Office
French Flanders and Artois Battlefields of WW1
See our introduction page about this battlefield area:
Wellington Quarry — la Carrière Wellington
Visit this fascinating, recently discovered underground WW1 tunnel system as a guided, walk-through museum.
Northern France: What to Do and See Within 90 Minutes of Calais (paperback)
by Angela Bird
176 pages; Published by Malnoue Publications (1 Oct 2007); ISBN-10: 0954580311; ISBN-13: 978-0954580315
Northern France & the Paris Region Green Guide (Michelin Green Guides) (folded map) (paperback)
by Steven Durose
479 pages; Published by Michelin APA; 8th edition (15 Mar 2012); ISBN-10: 9781907099632 and ISBN-13: 978-1907099632