Visitors' Centre Newfoundland Memorial Park
The Visitors' Centre was opened on 1st July 2001. The displays within the Centre focus on the historical and social situation of Newfoundland at the start of the 20th century. It covers the history of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment from when it was formed in 1914 to the end of the First World War. There is a Memorial Room in the Centre with a copy of the Newfoundland Book of Remembrance. A number of personalities who served with the Regiment are portrayed along with other memorabilia and short video clips.
Free guided tours around the memorial park are provided by Canadian students trained and sponsored by Veteran Affairs Canada.
Access to the Newfoundland Memorial Park is free and the park is open at all hours.
Restricted opening hours apply only to the Visitor Centre as follows:
- Open: March-October 10.00 - 18.00 hours; November-February 09.00 - 17.00 hours. (On Mondays the Visitor Centre opens at 11.00 hours.)
- Closed: Mid-December to mid-January
Guided tours are available from 1st February to 30th November.
For information or reservations contact:
Telephone: +33 (0)3 22 76 70 86